SLIDER

Sick Baby Recovery Kit

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Cold season is officially here...well it is for us anyway. Sawyer gave us a 4 am wake up call this weekend. For the love of sleep and a healthy, happy baby I went into high gear mommy mode. I gathered all the essentials to karate chop this cold! I am not a doctor and I don't even play one on TV. Disclaimer:  these are my must-haves based on my experiences.


From left to right

1. NoseFrida - I bought this for a friend's baby shower and later she admitted that she returned it. She thought it was a gag gift only to learn...SHE NEEDED IT! Her doctor actually recommended it. It is strange, but works great.

2. Saline drops - Use this with the NoseFrida.

3. Aquaphor - I like using this around the nose so it doesn't dry out from a runny nose.

4. Boogie Wipes - I use these even when Sawyer doesn't have a cold. I love the way they smell and I wipe Sawyer's face with them. When he has a cold I wipe his nose with them.

5. Vapor Bath - I just used this for the first time and really like it. I gave Sawyer a bath right before bed and I feel like this helped drain him out and helped give him a good nights rest.

6. Vick's Plug-in - Recommended by a co-worker this ROCKS! It fills the entire room and really helps to keep your little ones nose unplugged.

7. Humidifier - I highly recommend this brand. I wanted to buy the cute little animal shaped one, but was immediately talked out of it by an employee at Target. He told me they have the highest return rate.

8. Thermometer - This is a super basic one, but was recommended by our hospital and it's really all you need.

9. Food Feeder - These are great for introducing whole foods, teething, and for cooling down a fever. I put a frozen piece of fruit in it and let Sawyer munch on it.

10. Frozen Fruit - This goes with #9.

11.Tylenol - Use to lower a fever or allow your little one to rest easier at night.

12. Pedialyte - I always have this on hand. After a horrible experience when Sawyer couldn't keep food down this really helped keep him hydrated.

That's a lot of stuff, but it really does the trick. Sawyer was back to his normal sleep schedule the very next night. This is a great list to keep in case you need it or makes a great gift for a shower.

What are your must haves when your little one is sick?

No comments :

Post a Comment